Agarwal, Vijay K
Areas of Interest
- Modelling and Simulation,CAD,process control and heat transfer, Process Modelling & Simulation, CAD, Process Control & Heat Transfer , CFD, Gasification of Biomass, coal in Fluidized Bed and Circulating Fluidized Bed
|1990-01-01||13 years||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2003-01-01||4 years||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2012-01-01||3 years||Head of Department||IIT Roorkee|
|2011-01-01||2 years||Chairman, DAPC||IIT Roorkee|
|2011-01-01||1 year||Vice Chairman GATE-2012||IIT Roorkee|
|2009-01-01||2 years||Chairman, PG Admission||IIT Roorkee|
|2007-01-01||2 years||Vice Chairman, PG Admission||IIT Roorkee|
|2010-01-01||2 years||Chairman, Community Dairy||IIT Roorkee|
|B.E.||Chemical Engg.||University of Roorkee||1977|
|M.E.||Chemical Engineering||University of Roorkee||1979|
|Ph.D.||Chemical Engineering||University of Roorkee||1993|
Participation in seminars
|9th international Conference on Chemical and Process Engineering (ICheaP-9)||Rome, Italy||AIDIC||2009-01|
|International Conference of Heat and Mass Transfer||Guwahati, Assam||Institute||2006-01|
- The Institution of Engineers (India), Fellow member
- Alumni Association, (IIT Roorkee), Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|CAD of Mass Transfer Equipments||CHN-502||M.Tech (CAPPD)||Spring|
|Mass Transfer-I||CHN-201||B.Tech (Chemical) II Year||Spring|
|Mass Transfer||CHN-211||B.Tech (PSE) II Year||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Nucleate Pool Boiling of saturated Liquids on Horizontal Tube Surfaces coated with Teflon||C.B.Vijaya Vittala||O||1995-01|
|Nucleate Pool Boiling of Saturated Liquids on PTFE coated horizontal heating tube||Sri Swapan Bhaumik||O||1999-01|
|Enhanced Boiling of Saturated Liquids on Copper coated heating tube surface||Laljee Prasad||O||2002-01|
|A study of Nucleate Boiling of Saturated Liquids on Copper coated heating tube surface||Mihir Kumar Das||O||2000-01|
|Enhanced Boiling of Water- Methanol mixtures on coated surfaces||Mohd.Siraj Alam||O||2003-01|
|Development of Digital Control Strategy of a Continiuos Distillation COlumn||Surendra Kumar Saini||O||2002-01|
|Biological Removal of Zinc from Industrial Effluents||Vishal Mishra||O||2008-01|
|Simultaneous Adsorption and Biodegradation of Cyanide from Industrial waste water||Neha Gupta||O||2008-01|
|Nucleate Pool Boiling of Liquids and their mixtures on coated Horizontal tubes||Chandra Kishore||O||2009-01|
|Performance Characteristics of warm mix Asphalt||Ambika Behl||O||2011-01|
|Simulation of Biomass Gasification in a Fluidized Bed Reactor using CFD||Umesh Kumar||O||2012-01|
|Preparation and Characterization of Coir and Banana Fiber Reinforced LDPE composites||Nirupama||O||2012-01|
|Pool Boiling of Nano-fluids||Somesh Bhambi||O||2013-01|
|CFD of Circulating Fluidized Bed Gasifier||Vikrant Sharma||O||2014-01|
|CFD of Fixed bed reactor||Baljinder Kaur Riyar||O||2014-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Adddis Ababa Science and Technology University||Institute Representative in GATE-2018||2018-01-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|23rd National Convention of Chemical Engineers on Recent Trends in Chemical Engineering||IIChE||2007-01|
|Workshop on Future Trends in Chemical Engineering||Bureau of Energy Efficiency, New Delhi||2012-01|
|International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (ACE-2013)||TCS, ONGC, GAIL, DST, CSIR, PETRONET LNG Ltd., IOCL, RCF, Perkin Elmer, DAE||2013-01|
Refereed Journal Papers
REFEREED RESEARCH PAPERS
(In last five years)
- Refereed Journals:
Umesh Kumar and Vijay K Agarwal, “ Biomass gasification in fluidized reactor and heat transfer studies”, Numerical heat transfer part A. doi/full/10.1080/10407782.2016.1177340,(2017).
Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Hybridization effect of coir fiber on physico-mechanical properties of polyethylene-banana/coir fiber hybrid composites”,Science and Engineering of Composite Materials, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/secm-2015-0446, (2016).
Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Thermal degradation of coir fiber reinforced low-density polyethylene (LDPE) composites”, Science and engineering of composite materials, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/secm-2015-0422, (2016).
Nirupama Prasad, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha., “Banana Fiber Reinforced Low-density Polyethylene Composites: Effect of Chemical Treatment and Compatibilizer”, Iranian Polymer Journal, 25, 229-241, (2016).
AmbikaBehl, Prof Satish Chandra, Prof V.K Aggarwal, Dr. S. Gangopadhyay, “Durability and Performance Characteristics of Warm Asphalt Mixes”, Journal of Indian Road Congress, pp 101-106,(2016).
Umesh Kumar and Vijay K Agarwal, “Simulation of 3D gas-solid fluidzed bed reactor hydrodynamics”, Particulate science and Technology, DOI:10.1080/02726351.2015.1119227, (2016).
Nirupama Prasad, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha,“Physico-mechanical properties of coir fiber/LDPE composites: Effect of chemical treatment and compatibilizer”, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 32, 2534-2541, (2015).
AmbikaBehl, Satish Chandra, V.K Aggarwal, S. Gangopadhyay, “Zero Shear Viscosity of Bitumen-Filler Mastics of Warm Mix Binders”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering of ASCE (SCI) ISSN 0899-1561/04014260(6), (2015).
Vishal Mishra, ChandrajitBalomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Biological removal of heavy metal zinc from industrial effluent byzinc sequestering bacterium VMSDCM”, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policies, 16: 555-568,(2014).
Vishal Mishra, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Optimization of physical parameters for batch mode Zn (II) ion removal from liquid phase: A potential biosorption study”, Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy (AIChE), Doi: 10.1002/ep.10637, (2014), (IF = 1.6).
Vishal Mishra, ChandrajitBalomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal,“Dynamic, Mechanistic and Thermodynamic modeling of Zn (II) ion biosorption onto Zinc sequestering bacterium”, Clean Soil Air Water, 41: 1-7,(2013).
Vishal Mishra, ChandrajitBalomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Simultaneous adsorption cum bioaccumulation: A study on continuous mass transfer in column reactor”, Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, 32: 605-614,(2013).
AmbikaBehl, Satish Chandra, V.K Aggarwal, “Rheological Characterization of Bituminous Binder containing Wax based Warm mix asphalt additive”, Journal of Mechanical & Civil Engineering, ISSN 2278-1684,(2013).
N. Gupta, ChandrajitBalomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Adsorptive Treatment of Cyanide-Bearing Wastewater: A Prospect for Sugar Industry Waste”, Chemical Engineering Communications, 200 (7) pp 993-1007,(2013).
Vishal Mishra, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Kinetics, mechanistic and thermodynamics of Zn (II) ion sorption: A modeling approach”, CLEAN – Soil, Air, Water, doi: 10.1002/clen.201100093, (2013),(IF = 2.1).
, Vishal Mishra, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Design and optimization of simultaneous biosorption and bioaccumulation (SBB) system: A potential method for removal of Zn (II) ion from liquid phase”, Desalination and Water Treatment, doi: 10.1080/19443994.2012.749027 , (2012)(IF = 0.75).
Vishal Mishra, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Sorption of Zn (II) ion onto surface of activated carbon derived from eucalyptus bark saw dust from industrial wastewater: Isotherm, kinetics, mechanistic modeling and thermodynamics”.Desalination and Water Treatment, vol 46, pp. 332 – 352, (2012), (IF = 0.75).
1. SomeshBhambi and Vijay K. Agarwal, “Sub atmospheric pool boiling and experimental heat transfer of alumina nano fluids”, International conference on Nano technology; Ideas, Innovations and Initiatives-2017, IIT Roorkee, 6-8 Dec. (2017).
2. SomeshBhambi and Vijay K. Agarwal, “Effect of Nanoparticles on heat transfer during sub atmospheric pool boiling of distilled water”, II International conference on condensed matter and applied physics, ICC-2017, GEC, Bikaner, 24-26 Nov.(2017).
3. Umesh Kumar and Vijay K Agarwal,“CFD analysis hydrodynamics and heat transfer in fluidized bed reactor”, 23rd National and 1st ISHMT-ASTFE Heat and Mass transfer, ID:210, ISRO Trivandrum, 17-19 Dec.(2015).
4. AmbikaBehl, Satish Chandra, V.K Aggarwal, S. Gangopadhyay, “Temperature Susceptibility of Warm Mix Bituminous Binders”, International Conference on Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries, IIT Mumbai, 10-12th December (2014).
5. Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Effect of coir fiber incorporation in banana fiber/LDPE composites”, CHEMCON 2014, Punjab University, Chandigarh, India, December 27-30, (2014).
6. Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Thermal characterization of coir fiber/LDPE composites”, 3rd International Conference on Recycling and Reuse of Materials (ICRM 2014), Mahatama Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India, April 11-13, (2014).
7. AmbikaBehl, Satish Chandra, V.K Aggarwal, S. Gangopadhyay, “Effect of Sasobit on Viscosity and Rheology of Bituminous Binders”, International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering, IIT Roorkee, (2013).
8. Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha,“Natural fiber based polymer composites: a review”, International conference on advances in chemical engineering, Chemical Engineering Department, I.I.T. Roorkee, Uttrakand, India, February 22-24, (2013).
9. Kumar N., Kishore C., Agarwal V. K. and Bhargava, “CFD Analysis of Nucleate Pool Boiling Over Single Heating Tube”, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (ACE-2013), Feb. 22-24, (2013).
10. Kishore C. , Agarwal V. K and Bhargava R., “Nucleate Pool Boiling of Liquids and their Mixtures on Coated Horizontal Tubes”, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (ACE-2013), Feb. 22-24, (2013).
11. Gupta R and Agarwal V. K., “Modeling and Simulation of Soybean Meal Drying in Rotary Dryer”, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (ACE-2013), Feb. 22-24, (2013).
12. Kumar U. and Agarwal V. K., “Simulation of Biomass Gasification in Fluidized Bed Reactor Using CFD”, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (ACE-2013), Feb. 22-24, (2013).