Gaurav Sharma Associate professor firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Interest
- Fluid Mechanics, Hydrodynamic instability, interfacial flows, microfluidics
|Ph.D.||Chemical Engineering||IIT Kanpur||2011|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Evolution of a surfactant-laden liquid film down a vertical cylinder with focus on lung airway closure.||SERB||2019-03||3 years|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Ashwin Nair, and Gaurav Sharma, Stability of surfactant-laden film flow over a cylindrical rod, Phys. Rev. E, accepted (2020).
- M. Baingne, and Gaurav Sharma, Effect of wall deformability on the stability of shear-imposed film flow past an inclined plane, Int. Jl Engg. Sc., 150, 103243:1-20, 2020
- M. Baingne, and Gaurav Sharma, Effect of wall deformability on the stability of surfactant-laden visco-elastic liquid film falling down an inclined plane., Jl. of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 269, 1-16, 2019.
- Dharmendra S. Tomar and Gaurav Sharma, Manipulation and control of instabilities for surfactant-laden liquid film flowing down an inclined plane using a deformable solid layer., Physics of Fluids, 30, 014104: 1- 11, 2018
- Dharmendra S. Tomar, Mahendra Baingne, and Gaurav Sharma, Stability of gravity-driven free surface flow of surfactant-laden liquid film flowing down a flexible inclined plane, Chem. Engg. Sc., 165, 216-228 (2017).
- Gaurav and V. Shankar, Manipulation of interfacial instabilities by using a soft, deformable solid layer, Sadhana, 40, 1033, 2015.
- Gaurav and V. Shankar, Manipulation of interfacial instabilities in core-annular flows using a deformable solid layer, Physics of Fluids, 25, 014104 (2013).
- Gaurav and V. Shankar, Role of wall deformability on interfacial instabilities in gravity-driven two-layer flow with a free surface, Physics of Fluids, 22, 094103 (2010).
- Gaurav and V. Shankar, Stability of pressure-driven flow in a deformable neo-Hookean channel, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 659, 318-350 (2010).
- Gaurav and V. Shankar, Stability of fluid flow through deformable neo-Hookean tubes, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 627, 291-322 (2009).
- Gaurav and V. Shankar, Stability of gravity-driven free-surface flow past a deformable solid at zero & finite Reynolds number, Physics of Fluids, 19, 024105 (11 pages) (2007).